Personal Art Blog

Sharing the lessons I teach at the Artist Guild and the personal discoveries in my art.

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cutie! - day 4 of the Challenge


Cutie!

6x6in watercolor on paper  NFS

Artist Note.
When I compare this to yesterday's
bird, I have to laugh. 
Did the same artists do them?
This one is obviously fresh and 
spontaneous - yesterday's was labored and 
 I became so frustrated.
This one is a quick recording of what 
I saw and felt...not meant to be a 
a finished painting.
Neither was the other.
I prefer different areas in each of them.
 So what happens 
to the eye, mind and hand?
Consistency is elusive.
Ask any golfer!


A new nest - on loan from a friend.
Better than flowers... for me!


10 comments:

  1. Still a mystery how you paint your beautiful nests !
    Love this one best but yesterday's nest was nice too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistency is elusive. Should be a bumper sticker for artists!
    Yes, fresh and spontaneous. Again and I a background and foreground girl. I think it is my quilting background. Loving each post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Julie! You are right, it does not look labored at all. Fresh, energetic! Very well done! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - I truly do feel the spontaneous beauty of this piece. Your birds and nests are always a delight to see. Hope you are having fun with this challenge - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Julie !!!
    Have a nice and creative day !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merveilleux Julie ! Les couleurs et l'attitude de l'oiseau sont formidables ! Merci d'être venue jusqu'en France pour visiter mon blog !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like yesterdays better! Not that you asked! But maybe some of your emotion came through more today. Either piece is wonderful to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's wonderful to be "fresh and spontaneous"....very nicely done, Julie!!
    I have been told to paint that way as a study but it doesn't work for me..!! I would love to meet the bird that taught you how to build a nest...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best little 8 x 8 piece of spontaneity! I LOVE LOVE him!!
    Oh that bird nest...you have thoughtful friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this little bird, and that nest is so cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you are taking the time to comment and thank you for it. I am sure other readers will enjoy them too. If you cannot comment through this format then email me at juliefordoliver@gmail.com
Cheers,
Julie